for meats produced by the Ferguson Family Farm, Inc:
1. Cook all pasture raised or grass fed meats at lower temperatures.
2. After meat is removed from the oven or broiler, cover with tin foil and allow meat to rest for 3 minutes or so prior to carving. This will allow the juices to be held in the meat and not spill out on to the plate.
PASTURE RAISED CHICKEN:
1. Rinse chicken with cool water.
2. Rub a little salt into the cavity of the chicken.
3. Sprinkle Season Salt onto the exterior of the chicken.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Place chicken in shallow baking pan.
6. Add a little water into the bottom of the pan.
7. Cover with tin foil.
8. Cook approximately 20 minutes per pound of bird.
9. Uncover for 20 minutes.
10. Enjoy !
a. Brush or rub a little olive oil onto the skin of the chicken prior to step #3 above.
b. To add some additional spices, place fresh herbs such as rosemary or half of a lemon into the interior cavity of the chicken.
BERKSHIRE PORK CHOPS:
1. Sprinkle with a little season salt and pepper.
2. Broil under low heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
3. Remove from stove and cover to let meat rest prior to carving.
4. Enjoy !
BERKSHIRE SAGE - SALT & PEPPER OR SAGE:
1. Core 3 medium Stayman apples.
2. Stuff with Sausage.
3. Bake at 350 for 50 – 60 minutes
BERKSHIRE SMALL LINKS:
2. Place a ½” water in pan and cover, allowing water to begin boiling or steaming.
3. Place sausage in water, cover and steam for 5 minutes.
4. Turn sausage and steam for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Remove sausage and water from pan.
6. Add a little cooking oil and heat.
7. Add sausage to warm oil, cooking until lightly brown. Turn sausage and brown on other side.
8. Enjoy !
Prior to step #7 above, place fresh locally grown sweat and / or green peppers and onions into oil. Stir regularly.
Add sausage to the pepper onion mix to brown. Enjoy your sausage and pepper sandwich.
Ferguson TURKEY CLUB PIZZA
Chef Therese Harding
makes 2 pizzas
2.5-3 cups bread flour
1 package instant yeast
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
for 1 pizza
1 cup cooked turkey
1 cup diced plum or fire roasted diced or sundried tomatoes
1/2 cup crumbled crisp bacon or sauteed diced pancetta or sauteed crumbled/sliced sausage
1 cup chopped fresh spinach
8 ounces shredded mozzarella
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
1 Combine yeast with warm water and sugar.
2 Mix well and let sit for 5 minutes.
3 Add flour, sugar, salt and oil. Mix with a wooden spoon or your hand until well blended.
4 Knead for 5-7 minutes on a well floured surface.
5 Place into an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
6 Let rise for 30 minutes.
7 Divide the dough in half and form into two balls. If you are only making one pizza, you can freeze one of the balls.
8 Roll out the dough into a 9 x 12 rectangle (approx. size). Sprinkle corn meal on a lightly oiled baking sheet or baking sheet lined with parchment paper or on a pizza stone.
9 Brush the dough with olive oil.
10 Top the dough with turkey, bacon, tomatoes, spinach and mozzarella.
11 Bake 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted. Slice and serve.