Ferguson Family Farm, Inc
3443 Beckleysville Road
Parkton, Maryland 21120
E-Mail Us Today
for meats produced by the Ferguson Family Farm, Inc:
1. Cook all pasture raised or grass fed meats at lower temperatures.2. After meat is removed from the oven or broiler, cover with tin foil and allow meat to rest for 3 minutes or so prior to carving. This will allow the juices to be held in the meat and not spill out on to the plate.
1. Rinse chicken with cool water.
2. Rub a little salt into the cavity of the chicken.
3. Sprinkle Season Salt onto the exterior of the chicken.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Place chicken in shallow baking pan.
6. Add a little water into the bottom of the pan.
7. Cover with tin foil.
8. Cook approximately 20 minutes per pound of bird.
9. Uncover for 20 minutes.
10. Enjoy !
Adrian from the Laraville Farmers market suggested the following variations:
a. Brush or rub a little olive oil onto the skin of the chicken prior to step #3 above.
b. To add some additional spices, place fresh
herbs such as rosemary or half of a lemon
into the interior cavity of the chicken.
1. Sprinkle with a little season salt and pepper.
2. Broil under low heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
3. Remove from stove
and cover to let meat rest prior to carving.
1. Core 3 medium Stayman apples.
2. Stuff with Sausage.
3. Bake at 350 for 50 – 60 minutes
2. Place a ½” water in pan and cover, allowing water to begin boiling or steaming.
3. Place sausage in water, cover and steam for 5 minutes.
4. Turn sausage and steam for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Remove sausage and water from pan.
6. Add a little cooking oil and heat.
7. Add sausage to warm oil, cooking until lightly brown. Turn sausage and brown on other side.
8. Enjoy !
Prior to step #7 above, place fresh locally grown sweat and / or green peppers and onions into oil. Stir regularly.
Add sausage to the pepper onion mix to brown. Enjoy your sausage and pepper sandwich.
Ferguson TURKEY CLUB PIZZA
2.5-3 cups bread flour
1 cup cooked turkey
Preheat oven to 450 degrees